Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sometimes It Still Hits Me Like A Ton Of Bricks


I don't know why, but every now and then it hits me... I've been married for over two years already! One of these days I'm sure I'll remember writing this entry and think, "Man, I was young back then..." but nonetheless, it still surprises me. How in the world does time go by so fast?!?

And yet, here I am. I couldn't be happier, and it's really awkward to me to think I was ever single at all. I love that feeling. It's a simple, constant reminder that I know I'm in the right place at the right time with the right person. If everyone could feel that even for a small while in their lifetime, the world would look a lot different.

I feel pretty lucky... but I don't really believe in luck. I believe in being rewarded for your life's littlest choices - the ones that all add up to the big rewards we look forward to in life. Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse... your life is a public reflection of those small choices only you can make, when no one else is watching.

P.S. I miss my Mustang. (R.I.P.)

2 comments:

  1. What about your Honda Metropolitan? That's right, the one you sold for a laptop. Do you miss it? I do, and I only rode it once...

    Also, I completely agree with your entire post.

    ReplyDelete