Sunday, May 17, 2009

A good movie... and an even greater lesson.


I didn't think it would be upon first hearing the name of the movie, but "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium" is one of my top 3 favorite movies of all time. If you've never seen it, you're totally missing out. It's a movie I can't get tired of watching because it lets me see how life can be when you let go of being strictly an adult, and you allow yourself to have a little fun in life.

I learned a valuable lesson today; Life isn't about how it goes for you... it's about how your life affects the lives around you, and the ripple effect that creates which becomes your legacy.

Life is what we make it. I hope we'll all learn, myself included, to think first, listen more, and talk less. A good friend of mine once told me that we have two ears and only one mouth for a reason. Let us reach out to others the way we would want others to reach out to us. The answer to the world's social problems could all be solved if we simply view each other as brothers and sisters, and act on it, instead of seeing another person as a stranger or an outsider. Kids do that every day, and make instant friends - no questions asked, no judgements, no differences.

...A big "thank you" to Dustin Hoffman, Natalie Portman, Zach Mills, and Jason Bateman for reminding me that life is too short not to keep a smile on my face, a positive outlook, and to always have a little fun in everything I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment