Sunday, May 17, 2009

Some Did-You-Know's About Me

I'm currently 26 - I'm finally able to admit I'm in the 2nd quarter of my life.

My wife Michelle is 8 months older than me.

I took three years of German in high school, but because I didn't use it, I can't remember 90% of what I learned - which taught me if you don't use your talents, you definitely lose them.

Of all the things I've learned up to this point in life, I love music the most. I can play the guitar, bass, and the drums, and I'd really like to learn piano.

My mom volunteered to teach me to play piano when I was in elementary school, but I told her I thought piano was for girls (my dad doesn't play piano, and I have all sisters... to me, at the time, my response made sense). I wish I would've just said, "yes". Yet another lesson learned - don't always say "no" in life.

I served a mission for two years in the Rochester, New York mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. At first I thought those two years would never end. Now, I wish I could be there another ten years. I did about 90% of my growing up during those 24 months, and wouldn't trade it for anything.

I'm studying Architecture at the University of Utah, and my dream job would be to work with Ty Pennington and the design/build team for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. If anyone has ANY connections to those guys - PLEASE let me know!!

My biggest heroes in life are all either related to me or my wife.

I love my friends like family - I would do anything for them. That's always been my personality.

I didn't really talk much until my Senior year in High School. I've always been quiet. I guess I just love to listen to people.

I naturally internalize anything I hear and try to learn something from it.

I love the smell of the ocean, and the smell outside right after a good rainstorm.

I'm completely an optimist. I love to smile, and I try to laugh every day.

My favorite cities in the U.S. (that I've seen so far) are... in no particular order: Seattle, Washington - Capitola, California - and Salt Lake City, Utah.

Other people may not see it, but I'm harder on myself than I am on anyone else. I love the feeling of defeating doubt and showing myself that anything is possible if I set my mind to it and focus.

I love to write. Perhaps it comes from my love to compose music, but I love to compose stories, articles, and papers. I have a love for knowledge. At one time, I considered becoming a journalist, a columnist, or a writer for a living. Who knows?...If the economy doesn't allow me a career in architecture, I may pursue writing as a side career. I may do so anyway.

I love the feeling of cruising down streets on a longboard, crouched as low as I can get, going as fast as I can. I've never felt so close to flying as when I used to fly down Mountain Road at night with the guys up in Kaysville, Utah.

My wife is my better half, and I'll be the first to admit it. I married her both because of the similarities we have to one another as people, and because of the differences we have in our mannerisms and tastes. I love the way life bridges those differences, and the way that her mannerisms become mine as well over time. She humbles me, keeps me headed in the right direction, and most important, she loves me for me. That's priceless. I feel blessed to have that aspect as a part of my everyday life.


3 comments:

  1. Cute! You and Michelle are adorable together - I love your mix. She is fantastic and I love the way you are together. Wes and I are very different too - he calms me and I push him. I think it's the yin and yang that works for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the new blog. I will add it to my side bar too.

    I took German too. That is awesome.

    I love the things you write about Michelle. You guys are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was following Devin and Jeff one night down Mountain Road in Jeff's car while they were long boarding. Well, we didn't know, but they were doing a bit of construction. Jeff and Dev hit a 10 foot long patch of dirt that went across the whole road and totally biffed it. So, lesson learned from all this? Scope out the hill before you bomb it.

    ReplyDelete