Sunday, September 6, 2009

Who Knew Wyoming Was So Scenic?

My architecture studio recently visited the Round House train station in Evanston, Wyoming, where they're rehabilitating the interior and exterior of several historic buildings. It totally reminded me of the movie "Cars" because the place looks nearly deserted at first, until you walk through some of the rebuilt structures and realize they're alive as ever. Totally cool. I'll take quality historic preservation any day over new construction, whenever it's reasonable/feasible.

The following are some photographs I took of the existing site. If you haven't seen photographs like these, they are known as HDRI (high definition resolution image) photographs, where the image you see is actually three or more layered images ranging from very little allowed light to long exposure (near white) photographs. Yes, school has turned me into a graphics nerd, but I wanted to share some of my latest artwork with you. Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. Those photos are so awesome! You should make a book out of them or something.

    ReplyDelete