Thursday, July 2, 2009

Hoping a move isn't in our near future...


It's on my mind all the time now. Maybe I'm thinking about it too much, but I'm really really hoping I get into the Masters program at the University of Utah next year. I'm starting to prepare (studying for the GRE, compiling images and info for my portfolio, etc) to apply this fall/winter in hopes that Michelle and I will be able to stay where we are (geographically) for another couple years. Tuition is a whole other story...out of state tuition (non-resident tuition) for Masters programs is around 3 times as much as resident tuition.


We'll do whatever feels right to both of us, of course, but Michelle and I are both hoping and praying that we can stay under the radar of coming out of graduate school with $50,000 in student loan debt. The sound of that just hurts! No, thanks, American collegiate school system. I'll pay you for resident tuition if I have to, but I don't want to pay you the equivalent of 1/4 of a home for 2 years of graduate education. There's got to be another way for grad students to go to an out-of-state school without forking over that much $$$


Besides, I LOVE school at the U of U! (Only a true Ute would wear a U of U shirt in the company of three BYU Cougars in his own family during a family vacation to CA - see picture above)

1 comment:

  1. Cute picture of you guys!

    I hope you don't have to move either!

    ReplyDelete